Saturday, April 11, 2020

A New Normal

My Mom asked me today if I was anxious to get out.  In all honesty I really haven't been too anxious about getting back out in circulation again.  The fear of getting exposed to COVID-19 has changed my thoughts on shopping and going out to eat.  Our self imposed quarantine over the last three weeks has allowed us to come up with a routine and so far we haven't become tired our new normal.

Doug has really been the only one leaving the house.  He goes to work every day and does our grocery shopping once a week.  Meg, Cam and I have a shopping list on Google Docs that we add to as we run out of essentials or think of meals that we would like to try for dinner.  Doug said that all he has really missed since the stay at home order went into place were big pops and Friday morning basketball.  He has definitely outdid himself on meals and the four of us have enjoyed his cooking.

Meg, Cam and I have stayed at home since March 20th.  We make it outside as much as possible on nice days, but do not venture too far from our yard except to take walks.  Meg and Cam went to the high school once to play tennis with Doug, but Cam wasn't a fan over being out with the masses, so he will probably just stick to driveway basketball instead.  They both miss seeing their friends, but have put FaceTime to great use these past few weeks.  We have played less wii than I thought that they would.  Schoolwork has kept both of them busy.  Cam also started playing Mine Craft on the PS4 again and has connected with Nick on several occassions while playing.  I've been filling my downtime with movies, reading and latchhook.  Therefore overall, staying at home hasn't been as big of a change as I thought it would be.  No one has really complained and I am proud that we all just decided to make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment