Friday, April 24, 2020

Quarantine Crafting

Several years ago Cameron bought a latch hook that he really wanted to make.  He had just finished a panda one that he made into a pillow.  His new lighthouse, however, was triple the size and took a lot more work to complete.  Therefore, after a few rows, he decided to give up on it.  I had gotten it out several other times for him to work on if he wanted to, but he just wasn't interested.  Since I had finished all of my organizing projects in the first two weeks of the stay at home order, I asked him if I could give it a try.

I had not worked on a latch hook since I was in high school except to show Cameron how to do it.  It was as easy as I remembered except for distinguishing the differents shades of green, blue and red yarns.  Once I figured out the key I was able to make a lot of progress.  It was definitely slow going as this was by far the biggest latch hook that I had ever attempted.  I worked on it for several hours a night for three to four weeks and finally completed all of the yarn work Wednesday night.  I loved how it looked, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the lighthouse once I finished it.  I searched through several ideas on Pinterest and found one that gave directions for making a latch hook into a wall hanging.  It took longer than I thought that it would to whip stitch the sides, but last night I was finally able to finish the edging.  Meg and I found the perfect place for it on my bedroom wall and I proudly showed it to Doug when he got home from work today.



No comments:

Post a Comment