Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Relax and ISTEP On

That was my class theme for last year's ISTEP and I tried very hard to remember it today.  It was a struggle, but I made it through.  My stomach hurt a lot today.  I pushed the pain button more times than I could count.  Proctoring the ISTEP game me a lot of quiet time and it was hard to forget how horrible I felt.  By 10:30 a.m. testing was over for the day and our day returned to normal.  As I was busy catching up my 8th graders on all that we had been working on the pain started to subside a little.  During the morning I thought I might have to call in a sub for the afternoon, but once I made it to lunch I knew I could do it.

Tonight Cal had a golf match at South Shore and I knew that would be the perfect way to take my mind off of my stomach.  Cam and I caught them on the fourth hole.  We followed along and also practiced putt.  Doug and Meg returned from a basketball meeting to join us.  My parents had been there all along, so Cal and Cameron Adams had quite the gallery.  It was a beautiful night and Cal's team easily beat Tippy Valley.  Except for one out of bounds Cal had a great round and enjoyed being paired with Cameron.

I was proud to have made it up to 9 p.m. tonight.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to.  I actually have been able to sleep even though they took me off all of my medicines and I have to sleep with a monitor.  Tomorrow is the last day of ISTEP and then we'll be off to Bloomington.  Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment