Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mystic Hills

Dad couldn't go to Cal's golf tournament today as he had his own, so I made the trip to Culver.  I went to this tourney last year as well.  It is a different format from the rest as each team plays together as a fivesome with a four man best ball for scoring.  I arrived late so that I could drop Meg off at soccer.  I was able to watch half of Cam's game and half of Meg's.  They both looked good.

It is a little over an hour to Mystic Hills.  I was impressed when I drove by that I could pick Cal out of all the boys on the course.  He was four holes away from the road, but by watching his walk and seeing the untucked shirt I knew who it was.  I caught up with them and Cal was happy to report that he was 2 over after 7.  Tristen and Jeffrey were also playing well and everyone was in a good mood.

The boys finished the front nine below 150 which was close to the lead if not leading it.  The course was wet from all of the rain and my feet were muddy by the time the round was over.  I had to search in the tall grass several times for the boys' golf balls.  The course was also very hilly.  I rode one of the holes, but walked almost all of it.  I was tired by the end but so very glad that I went.  Cal played very well shooting an 81 which was only 6 away from the leader.  The boys overall did not score as well on the back, but did end up finishing 6th out of 17 teams beating both Northwood and Culver Military Academy who are also in their sectionals.  It was a great day to be a golf Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment