Sunday, February 12, 2023

Super Bowl Party for One

For the first time in over thirty years I spent Super Bowl Sunday alone.  Doug was in Florida with his brother where they enjoyed some of his homemade beer and Doug's shredded potatoes.  Brett forgo the game all together, instead watching a movie with a friend.  Cal hung out with his roommates watching the game at their apartment.  Meg went to a party at Carson's and Cameron spent the evening at Samuel's with his group of friends.  Thus, it was very quiet here. 

I know that I could have watched the game with my parents, but I really wanted to work on Cameron's school book while the game was on and that was easier to do here.  Doug and Meg both called a couple of times and there were several comments on the group text, but overall it was a very boring evening.  Except for a few, the commercials really weren't that entertaining either.  The game was close, but it felt like both teams scored each time either touched the ball.  I also wasn't that vested into who won as  I was ok with either team winning.  There was a fumble recovery that led to a Chiefs touchdown, but other than that there wasn't much excitement.  The last drive of the game ended with a questionable flag thrown on the Eagles giving Kansas City a short distance to an easy field goal.  It made the close game extremely disappointing.  Hopefully, next year will be different and I won't spend the Super Bowl alone eating Cream of Wheat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment