Wednesday, February 15, 2023

What a Migraine

I spent most of my day cleaning, packing and working on Cameron's t-shirt blanket.  At 5:30 p.m. my household projects came to a grinding halt.  My vision became blurred and I realized that I was starting to get a migraine.  I was completely surprised as I hadn't had a migraine in quite some time.  I hurried and took some Tylenol hoping that the medication would keep it from developing.  Unfortunately, no such luck.  I spent the rest of the evening fighting off what ended up being one of the worst migraines that I had had in years.

With the lights out, ice on my neck and toast for dinner, I was still able to hang out with Cameron for the rest of the evening as he finished homework and listened to his newest Eminem vinyl.  He asked me how I could have the music on if I couldn't even talk on the phone.  I told him that one vibrated in my ear and the other was really just background noise.  His next question, "Why do you think that you have this bad of a migraine?", wasn't as easy to answer.

I thought a lot about Cameron's question over the next few hours.  I told him that it definitely could have been that I waited too long to eat.  I had been strictly following Weight Watchers while Doug was gone and hadn't used any of my extra weekly points.  That meant that I was eating around 1200 calories a day for the past week and a half.  That, along with all of the exercising and work around the house had probably taken a toll on me.

I also thought that the issue could have been the stress that Doug was under last weekend.  It was hard to be separated from him for that long of a period of time knowing that he had had an intense week at work as well as a difficult situation with a family member.  Neither would be easily resolved and I knew that it weighed heavily on my mind.  Doug and I had talked a lot about both issues and the circumstances surrounding them.  I told him that I would definitely support Doug if he chose to walk away from both of these situations.  With the health issues that he had been having over the past year, I didn't feel that he needed to add any more stress to his life. He was thankful for the support, but decided for the time being to keep working on both problems.  

After explaining this to Cameron, he encouraged me to only focus on the issues in the immediate future and not those that I couldn't control or that would take care of themselves with time.  It was good advice that sounded a lot like something that Doug would encourage me to do as well.  Although, it didn't immediately solve my headache issues, I did feel well enough to watch the late night IU game with him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment