Monday, February 6, 2023

Another Day, Another Trip

Doug flew to Fort Lauderdale this morning as he had a board meeting in Miami tomorrow morning.  He arrived early and planned on working for a few hours.  He did get to enjoy the warm weather in the evening when he walked to the outdoor mall for dinner.

So that I could have access to the Pilot while Doug was gone, I drove him to the airport this morning.  It was hard getting up at 4:30 a.m. but the payoff was that I got to spend the rest of the day and evening in Bloomington.  I first hung out with Brett as he got ready for work.  I then picked up Meg from her "History of the Blues" class.  I was impressed to hear that she had gotten a 48 out of 50 on the exam.  We celebrated with lunch at Social Cantina.  I had only been there one other time, but really enjoyed it.  We then stopped at Kroger and Target before she had to work.  I used that time to finish a project for Brett.  

I drove Meg to the Kelley School of Business this evening so that she could participate in an accounting research seminar.  While she was there and Brett was at work, I spent an hour on the computer trying to order John Mellencamp tickets for tonight's performance at the IU auditorium.  I could easily get two tickets in the balcony at a reasonable price, but it would not let me order a single ticket so that the three of us could see him in concert.  In fact the single ticket price was higher than two together.  By 7:45, we decided to give up.  All three of us were definitely interested in going, but not too disappointed that we weren't able to do so.  I had already seen him and we figured that we would get a chance to see him again another time.  

The rest of the evening was a nice one.  Brett and I watched Fantasy Island and ate KFC for dinner.  Meg made a fried egg sandwich and studied for awhile.  We went over to her place later in the night to hang out for awhile.   We had fun talking and watching "Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown."  I really enjoyed my second day of visiting the Heinisch adult children.



No comments:

Post a Comment