Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Three Days, Three Heinisch Visits

I stayed at Brett's last night, so Meg could study.  I had also spent a lot more time with Meg in December and January than Brett, so I hoped to catch up with him.  We had some great conversations and I listened to his thoughts on the next few months.  He was definitely excited about running for city council and for his hours to change in May.  

This morning I was able to finish both Meg and Brett's taxes with them.  There were a few differences from last year that threw a wrench into the works for awhile - Meg filing as a non-resident in Illinois and Brett's 401K transferring at work.  We figured them out, however, and both will receive a nice return from the federal government.

Meg had to work today so she did not join us at McAlister's for lunch.  Brett and I enjoyed our soups and brought some back for Meg.  I hung out with her while she ate and worked.  She filled me in on what was happening with her Bible study group, what she thought of her classes and where Nick was flying this week.  It was nice to have some time with her before I left.  

I wasn't really ready to head home, but Meg had plans to go to the basketball game tonight and Brett had a meeting with the Monroe County Republican Party where he would be introduced to the group.  Cameron was also ready for me to get back.  He had plans with Alina this evening, but would be around later in the evening.  I talked to both Meg and Brett later in the evening.  They had enjoyed their evenings with IU winning and Brett feeling success after his event.  I was very glad to hear that.  After three visits in the last three days, I realized that there was no better feeling than seeing your adult children navigate the "real world" and be happy in their own lives.  







No comments:

Post a Comment