Monday, February 13, 2023

Happy 28th Birthday, Brett!

Today was Brett's 28th birthday.  I texted him at midnight to wish him a great day, hoping to be the first one to say it.  I then called Brett before he left for work to see how he felt about being 28.  We both realized that it wasn't he who felt old, but me, as I now had a child that was more than half my age.  As we talked, I thought back to other birthdays and even the day Brett was born.  Those days all seemed so long ago.  I loved having him at home, but I think Brett being an adult suits him well and a lot of my favorite memories of him revolve around the last decade.  

I called Brett later in the evening to see how his day had gone.  He said that at first it didn't feel like his birthday, but that changed once he got to work and everyone wished him a happy day.  He also enjoyed all of the birthday posts that he received on social media.  Tonight Carson and Meg stopped by to drop off gifts and to wish him a Happy Birthday as well.  Brett enjoyed opening the present from Grandma and Grandpa (which Carson took credit for) that included the karaoke machine from his childhood days.  He remembered how much fun everyone had with it and was looking forward to using it in the future.  Meg gave him her gift as well - a Sam the Eagle sipper from Epcot.  Brett absolutely loved it as that has always been the Muppet that he has identified with the most.  The best part for Brett was that once the celebration was over tonight, he could still look forward to our trip to Bloomington on Thursday complete with more presents and dessert.  He said that it felt more like a birthday week instead of just a day.  I was pleased that he was so happy.  That was what was most important to me on his 28th trip around the sun.  




No comments:

Post a Comment