Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Day - A Change in Attitude

After feeling sorry for myself for being alone on Super Bowl Sunday, I vowed to make the best out of Valentine's Day without Doug.  It had been years since we had gone out on the holiday, but there was usually a nice dinner at home, a favorite movie and flowers when we were together.  I knew that wouldn't be the case this year with him in Florida, so I made up my mind to enjoy the day no matter what happened.  

First thing this morning, I called Doug to wish him a Happy Valentine's Day.  He was already at work, but still appreciated the phone call.  I then gave Cameron his Valentine's gift.  He was thrilled with the Eminem vinyl that I gave him and his gift form Grandma as well.  Once Cameron left for school, I texted Meg, Brett and Cal to wish them a Happy Valentine's and to tell them to enjoy the day with the extra cash that I put in their checking accounts.  

I spent the rest of the morning in Goshen grocery shopping.  Cameron and Alina planned to make dinner together at our home tonight and needed a few ingredients for their sandwich and soup meal.  I also wanted to stop at Menards for some bird food.  While there I found the cutest holiday gnomes.  As they were on sale, I decided to add them to my limited Valentine and St. Patrick's Day decorations.  I texted Doug a picture of them to let him know that I bought my Valentine's gift from him.  He just laughed.

My parents invited me to dinner tonight to celebrate the holiday.  We decided to go early to avoid the Valentine crowd.  I was in the mood for a taco salad and so was my mom.  Thus, Los Toritos was the place for us.  The food was nice and I enjoyed the company.  Cameron got home just as I arrived.  He had played golf with Noah and Keegan after school.  They had spent a lot of their time trash talking one another, but overall had a good time.  Alina came over a little later.  They had a lot of fun making dinner together.  While they were busy in the kitchen, I started work on Cameron's t-shirt blanket and talked to Doug a few times.  It was definitely a different Valentine's Day from the last 30+ ones that I have spent with him, but overall it was still very nice.  









No comments:

Post a Comment