Thursday, February 23, 2023

Four Years Later - Still Hard to Believe

The memories that showed up on my Facebook feed this week have been especially sad this year.  Four years ago Meg's friend and classmate, KeShawn, was killed in a car accident.  It was absolutely unbelievable then and feels like a dream even now.  His smile was infectious and looking at his picture reminded me of that.  He loved life and was looking forward to his future outside of high school.

As Meg makes her plans for life after graduation from IU, I am reminded that not all children get to live out their dreams.  It makes me appreciate even more that Meg has been able to set goals, reach them and plan celebrations around the next phase of her life. The photos this week were also a good reminder that the future is never guaranteed.  As our family gets ready for some big changes, I will have to take time to enjoy the small moments even when everything seems stressful.  That will be the best way that I know how to honor the high school boy that I can still hear calling, "Mama Heidi," at Meg's basketball games.  











No comments:

Post a Comment