Thursday, September 8, 2022

Our Project List

This summer Doug and I started on the project list that we had made in order to get the house ready to sell.  I have been impressed with how much that we have gotten done so far.  Doug has had several trees removed, some stumps ground out, planted grass and even painted the basement.  I have worked more on the organization projects which have included sorting through tubs, cleaning out the toy storage room and downsizing our photo albums.  

As we have already made a lot more progress on our project list than I thought that we would, I decided to start looking at some of the smaller items that we should try to do before we put our house on the market.  One was an outside light that we just couldn't get to stabilize.  I asked my Dad for his opinion and he said that we could either replace it or try to fix it.  I liked the fix it idea as it wouldn't cost us much except our time.  

The golf course was closed today, so it was the perfect afternoon for my Dad to come up and look at the light.  We took it all apart, saw what the problem was and decided to fix it.  It wasn't quite back to normal, but after 45 minutes it was hanging back up and actually worked.  I sent a picture of it to Doug in Florida and we at least impressed him.  I appreciated my Dad's help and talked him into looking at some more items that need attention.  One small project down, a dozen more to go.  



No comments:

Post a Comment