Thursday, September 15, 2022

Just One of Those Days

Today was just one of those days where it felt like nothing could go right.  I knew it wasn’t going to be my favorite day as I had to clean the house, but it just seemed to go from bad to worse.  I started off cleaning the bathrooms which wasn’t fun, but tolerable.  After I finished up Meg’s bathroom, I decided to paint the area that I had repaired with plaster yesterday and to repaint an area on her bedroom wall that she had scraped with her papasan chair years ago.  The second part went very well and covered up nicely.  The bathroom, however, wasn’t as easy.  The paint that we had saved, had turned to sludge.  We had originally painted the bathroom in 2016, so I wasn’t sure that Ace would be able to find a match.  Thankfully, they were able to help me, but it cost me at least a half hour in time that I wasn’t planning on spending.  

The next item on my to do list started off well.  The light kit that I had ordered to repair a ceiling fan arrived four days early.  My dad had the afternoon free and was able to come up and help me with it.  We got everything hooked up, flipped the switch and  . . . nothing.  The light still didn’t work.  By the time Doug called on his way home from work, I was in tears.  I was super disappointed about the light and extremely tired from a long day of projects. By the time we hung up I did feel a lot better as we did came up with another plan that should work.  

I wasn’t the only Heinisch that was a little overwhelmed with their day.  Meg  had spent the afternoon trying to change her test schedule with the disability service coordinator due to a professor error.  That along with the fact that she had also found out that she was being underpaid at her part time job had ruined a good portion of her day.  Brett’s news wasn’t as frustrating, but did send him scrambling to find information.  Fortunately, by the time he headed home from work, he felt a lot better about everything.  Meg was also doing pretty well by the end of the evening.  

Cameron’s day wasn’t too stressful, but we did have quite a few items his on his list to get done once he got home from the boys’ soccer game.  We were able to do that a lot quicker than I thought that we would.  That was really nice.  I was also happy that Cal and Doug had ended their days favorably as well.  One more day until the weekend.  Can’t wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment