Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Love My Odyssey

Yesterday, we had to drop the Pilot off at Fred’s Transmission in Elkhart as the transmission light kept coming on, especially in Florida.  Although another mechanic had looked at it and felt it was nothing to worry about, we decided to get a second opinion before Doug drove it to Florida in October.  Thankfully, Fred’s agreed with the first mechanic - a false positive light which they both said was typical for Honda vehicles.

Because Doug and I had to drive to Fort Wayne yesterday from Elkhart, we asked Cameron to take the Civic to school.  I don’t mind driving it, but knew that would be a little far for me in the smaller car.  Therefore, I spent yesterday driving the Odyssey.  I am not going to lie; I really enjoyed being reunited with my long time van.  I had spent almost nine years driving it and it had been my favorite Heinisch vehicle of all time.  

While I was driving to Elkhart to meet Doug, I realized that there was a good chance that the van was going to hit 200,000 miles while we were in it.  At first I was a little disappointed for Cameron that he wouldn’t be driving it when the milestone was reached.  It dawned on me, however, that I had driven the first 190,000 miles in it and it was only appropriate that I was there when the odometer rolled over to 200,000.  

I watched the dashboard the entire trip home from Portillo’s last night, not wanting to miss the moment.  I even practiced video taping it as Doug drove.  We made it to Old 30 just past Columbia City when the Odyssey official turned to 200,000 miles.  We were all impressed, but it wasn’t the first Honda that had reached that milestone in our family.  Doug’s gray Civic was at 224,000 when it finally died.  We’ll see if the Odyssey can beat it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment