Tuesday, September 27, 2022

"Mom, I'm Freezing!"

Cal texted me last night rethinking his decision to live in Chicago.  He was at the Cubs game with his work group and said that it was absolutely freezing.  I empathized with immediately as it had been drizzly, cold and windy here all day.  I told him that I was actually so cold that I was debating if I'd rather be here or in Florida with Doug prepping for a hurricane.  He wouldn't go that far, just wanted his bed and space heater.  Thankfully, I had my fireplace on and was sitting next to it.

Cal wasn't the only one that was cold these past few days.  Meg was dressed in full winter clothing - jeans, layers and sweaters.  She was just as annoyed as I was that we went from shorts and t-shirts to winter wear totally skipping long sleeve shirts and capris, which was definitely my favorite clothing style.  Hopefully, that type of weather will return next week and stay for a little while.

A bigger shock to me than Cal and Meg's feelings on the cold snap, came from Brett.  He said that it was finally cold enough for him to turn off his air conditioning.  His apartment reached a low of 63 degrees which actually made him turn on his heat.  He planned to keep it set at 67 degrees, a warm up from his normal temperature setting.  I doubt the heat stays on too long for him.  He definitely likes it a lot colder than I do.  I guess for now, my fireplace here will just get a good workout this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment