Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Doesn't Make Sense to Me

Tonight a friend of mine texted me about a situation that she was having with a teacher/coach.  I wasn't surprised to hear that this person was being a jerk to her child and others.  I had had one run in with this person in the past and had steered clear ever since then.  I also knew that this teacher had spread gossip about another one of my children's friends.  Therefore, I instantly texted my friend back to let her know that we supported her and her family and that we were sorry that this person was not being kind.

This hasn't been the first time as a parent that we have heard of educators, coaches or even other parents being mean to children.  I have never understood that.  Being mean to a child just doesn't make sense to me.  They don't have the ability to defend themselves.  Thus, they are more susceptible to suffering long term damage such as low esteem and self hatred if they are treated poorly in their youth.  I wish that more adults understood that.  Instead it must fall upon the rest of us to be supportive and kind to those children who most need it.   Support was all that I could offer my friend tonight.  I hope that was enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment