Friday, September 16, 2022

Music on the Lawn

Today started off super busy.  Cameron had jazz band early, so I was up well before 7 a.m.  Once he left, I took a walk and then showered just before Matthews’ Painting arrived to give us a quote on painting the foyer, stairwell, landing and ceiling in that area.  I had just enough time to clean the kitchen before he finished with his quote.  The price was about double what we thought that it would be, so I decided to call another painting company to get their thoughts.

As soon as the painter left, Cameron arrived.  He had spent part of the morning in Warsaw at the Kosciusko County Foundation office. He had been invited to write an impromptu essay for the Lilly Scholarship.  He felt that it went well and picked up Panda Express for us for lunch to celebrate.  

Once Cameron headed back to Bethany, I spent the afternoon grocery shopping for the weekend and senior night on Monday.  It reminded me of our grocery shopping trips during the pandemic.  The only bad part was that I didn’t have Meg there to help me.  I did end up finding everything that I needed and even picked up a dozen donuts from Rise N Roll for Cal and his friends’ breakfast tomorrow.






Tonight wasn’t quite as busy and definitely was more enjoyable.  It was Bethany’s annual Music on the Lawn fundraiser.  That’s definitely my favorite music program of the year.  We all enjoyed pie, ice cream and a lot of good music.  Everyone did very well, but of course the band was my favorite part.  I especially enjoyed “Moondance” by the jazz band.  We hadn’t told Doug that Cameron would be playing that song.  Doug really liked it as it was one of his favorite Steve Miller Band songs.  

We headed home as soon as the program was over to wait for Cal and his friends to arrive.  It was just before 9:30 p.m. when they pulled in the driveway.  It was nice to meet some of his new friends and to reconnect with Jayce, Cameron Adams, Mark and David.  

Cameron went to Culver’s with his friends after Music on the Lawn.  He had quite a bit to share with us once he got home.  We finished the evening watching some football and preparing for his tournament tomorrow.  Cal and his friends enjoyed a bonfire.  Overall, it was a very nice way to start the weekend after an extremely busy week.  











No comments:

Post a Comment