Sunday, October 11, 2020

Keeping Busy

 Cameron greeted me this morning with "I am too busy to play golf today."  Once I asked him what he had on his agenda, he filled me in on the Spanish assignment that he was working on, the Bible sermon that he had to memorize, the guinea pig's cage that he needed to clean, the leaves that need to be raked and the Driver's Ed he wanted to complete.  This was all after he had already driven with Doug for an hour this morning and helped him take the air hockey table apart so that they could move it out of the basement.  

I definitely couldn't argue with Cameron as he did have a busy day planned.  I also realized that he had had fun playing golf yesterday with Grandma and Grandpa, but wasn't as devoted to the sport as he was in the spring and summer.  That made sense to me as fall tended to be the time that he changed his focus to something else.  Some years it had been chess, but this year it definitely has been tennis.  He and his teammates played everyday after school last week and hope to do so next week as well.  Overall, I was just happy to realize that life had pretty much returned to normal for Cameron with classwork, driver's education, interaction with friends and sports to participate in this fall.  I hope that continues into the winter months as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment