Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Fall Tradition

 Today was the day that Cameron and I set aside to make our annual Heinisch family trip to Fashion Farm.  He didn't have to go to Bethany today as Wednesdays have been set aside for asynchronous learning and the weather was also beautiful which made the decision even easier.  I was surprised to find out from my Facebook memories that we had actually visited Fashion Farm on this exact date the past two years, so I was even happier that I suggested today.

When Cameron and I first talked about going I really only mentioned picking out pumpkins.  Fashion Farm has always had a nice selection to chose from so Cameron agreed to that right away.  I didn't ask him until today if he'd go through "Pumpkin Fantasy Land" with me as well.  I would have respected a no decision, but was glad that he agreed.  We hadn't missed tats section of Fashion Farm in years and I hated to give up the tradition just yet.   This year's theme was "Mother Goose on the Loose" and we enjoyed looking at the displays and finding the seven "hidden" geese.  We got  a few pictures of the decorated pumpkins and the annual height check photo at the end.  

After our tour we headed to the old county jail to see who was "locked up" this year, which happened to be the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker.  Cameron decided to give the grass maze one more try.  Last year he was taller than the grass.  It had grown quite a bit this season so once he got into it I could no longer see him.  He did say that it was still just a circle, but was glad that he checked it out. On our way to pay for our pumpkins and gourds we saw bags of pumpkin donuts.  Neither of us could resist and we brought home a half dozen for the four of us.  All in all it was a lot of fun visiting Fashion Farm this year.  It has been a family tradition for several decades now and I was thankful that we could continue it even if it was the only the two of us.  







No comments:

Post a Comment