Monday, October 26, 2020

It's Not Halloween without the Great Pumpkin

 Although Cameron won't be able to go trick or treating this year and we won't be handing out candy on Halloween, we have still been able to enjoy some of our normal holiday activities.  We made our traditional visit to Fashion Farm earlier in the month.  On Friday Cameron carved pumpkins with a friend.  Last night we watched Halloween and still found it to be as scary as always.  Today I tried one the Heinisch children's favorite Halloween movies to watch with Grandma Heinisch - Halloweentown.  I had never seen it before and could totally understand why Jeanette liked it so much.  

Today we made the Halloween season complete by finishing our "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" puzzle.  I don't remember when we got the puzzle or where, but we have made it a priority for more Halloweens than I could count.  Every year that we start it, I am absolutely amazed that we are able to finish it.  It's definitely one of the more challenging ones, especially with the dark colors and lack of traditional edge pieces.  I was skeptical that we would get it done this year as Cal wasn't available to help, Doug had become busier at work and I just could not see the differences between the black and blue sky.  Thankfully, Doug had some time to help me tonight and before the end of the Bears game we had found the Great Pumpkin and kept the Heinisch family tradition alive.  



No comments:

Post a Comment