Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Hey Mom, is this a sign of COVID?

 Hey Mom, is fatigue a sign of COVID?  Hey Mom, I have a sore throat, should I get tested?  Hey Mom, someone I work with was exposed, do you think I should be worried?  Hey Mom, if I have a cough, can I stay home from school?  These have become routine questions in the Heinisch home as of late.  It's strange when I think about the fact that less than a year ago we had never even heard of the coronavirus.  Because of all of the questions and uncertainty, I try to keep up on the scientific data put out by the CDC and other reputable sources to make sure that we are aware of the symptoms and know how and when to get tested.  

Sometimes keeping on top of the facts gets a little daunting.  There is a lot of information about COVID and not all of it is accurate.  Our area has once again become a hot bed and reading about that can become extremely overwhelming.  Thankfully, I have been able to answer all of the above questions without becoming too anxious.  I now this will end sometime and these questions will be a mute point.  Until then we will do our best to stay healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment