Thursday, May 30, 2019

More of the Same

Our morning and afternoon were much the same as yesterday with thank you notes, placement tests, and golf practice on the agenda.  The only difference was Cameron’s practice time at Meadow Valley changed due to the heavy rain we received last night.  He rode over with the coach, which I appreciated. By the time we got to his house, the sun was out and this morning’s storm was long gone.   I did pick him up at the golf course, so he could eat before trying open gym.  The  basketball coaches had tried several times to talk him into being a part of the high school team.  He finally decided to see what it was all about.  He liked the coaches and playres and had fun, but decided that it was more of a commitment than he wanted.

Once I dropped Cam off, I continued my trek around northern Indiana by picking up Meg to take her to Jackie’s.  We first stopped at Bethany so Doug and I could switch cars.  He wanted to pack for our trip to Brett’s tomorrow.  It was longer to Jackie’s than I remembered, but I was glad to take Meg.  They had reconnected after graduation and she was really excited to spend the night.  Normally, I would have just given Meg the van, but the sleigh bed wouldn’t fit in the Pilot, so we needed it for tomorrow.  By the time I got home, Doug had the van packed.  He was nervous about getting the head board in the back, but it was actually the box spring that was the hardest.  Thankfully, Cam was able to help him before he headed to Chubbie’s with Grandma and Grandpa for $2 hamburger night.

No comments:

Post a Comment