Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A Successful Day for Cameron

Today was a wonderful day for our eighth grader.  First he was recognized as an Indiana Academic All-Star at the Kiwanis Noon meeting in Goshen complete with a luncheon at Maple Crest.  There were five students from Bethany that earned this honor.  In addition to the certificate that they received, Cam and Bailey were also asked to give a speech about their experiences in middle school.  They were the last group to go to the podium and I was completely impressed with what they had to say.  They definitely gave a perfect depiction of life in lower school.  There were well over a hundred people in attendance and I was proud of how well they kept their composure standing in front of the large group.  I was happy to have videotaped it all for Doug to see since he was still in Arizona.








Tonight my parents and I met at Bethany for Cameron's final middle school choir concert.  The eighth graders were last as always and put on a wonderful show.  The boys complained loudly about singing "This is Me" from the Greatest Showman beforehand, but they did a wonderful job with it on stage.  Afterward I took Cam to Culver's to hangout with his friends.  The Bethany tradition had always been to go to Dairy Queen after a performance, but this year more and more families met at Culver's instead.  A lot of the parents went in to be a part of the celebration, but I decided to go through the drive thru and hang out in the church parking lot.  I had work that I wanted to catch up on and it gave me a chance to watch more of Game of Thrones, my new favorite series.


No comments:

Post a Comment