Tuesday, May 21, 2019

26 Years - Truly Blessed

Words could never expressed how incredibly blessed that I feel to be a part of Doug's life.  We were married twenty-six years ago today, and although not every day has been a bed of roses, life with Doug has far exceeded any of my expectations when I stood on the alter with him in 1993.  We have learned a lot over the years about each other and about what it takes to make a relationship succeed.  It's been a lot more work than either of us would have dreamed, but well worth it.  I am so incredibly thankful for his commitment to our family.  This month has been extremely stressful with life events such as graduations, recognition nights, senior dinners, board meetings, just to name a few.  It was so much easier to get through it all with Doug's help and support.  He decided a long time ago that the Heinisch family was the #1 priority in his life.  I couldn't ask for anything more.

Thirty years ago I could totally relate to the words that Freddy Mercury sang on stage:

Ooh, each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet
(Take a look at yourself) Take a look in the mirror and cry (and cry)
Lord, what you're doing to me (yeah yeah)
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!
Somebody (somebody) ooh somebody (somebody)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?

So glad that He answered with the "Love of my Life."  

No comments:

Post a Comment