Monday, May 6, 2019

A Nice Day, At Least for a Little While

The first half of today was absolutely beautiful.  Both Cal and I took advantage of it in different ways.  He headed to Wawasee Golf Course to play a round with his friends.  He left his clubs in the Civic in Bloomington, so he borrowed Doug's.  He said they held up pretty well until he had to use his Dad's sand wedge.  It was old and tough to play with causing some challenging shots.  Doug thought that maybe that was the problem with his game all along =).   After golf Cal spent some time cleaning out the truck.  It wasn't his favorite job, but the weather was nice which made it a little better.  The rest of his day was spent playing basketball at the LYC with his high school friends.  He had a lot of fun, but was completely wiped out in the end.

I had been waiting for quite some time to paint the doors in our garage.  I had wanted to do it in March when I painted the inside doors in our home, but the weather just never cooperated.  As soon as I got back from taking Cam to school, I started on my project.  It took me most of the morning and part of the afternoon, but by the time Mom and I left for Meg's match in Bremen I had finished the trim, the inside garage doors and put three coats on the screen door.  It will still need some work tomorrow, but overall I was happy with the progress that I made on such a gorgeous day.

Unfortunately, the evening did not mirror the morning and afternoon.  Meg was four games into the first set of her match at Bremen when their coach called them off the courts for rain.  Meg was completely disappointed as she felt that she had an advantage in the match.  Even more disappointing was the fact that the match could not be made up as next week was sectionals week.  Cam faired better than Meg in his tennis match this evening.  They started earlier and he was able to finish his opponent off 6-4 before the contest was called for rain.  Doug and my Dad were able to attend his event and enjoyed watching him play.  Cam called me on the way home to let me know how happy he was with his strategy tonight.  He and Mr. Miller had talked earlier in the day and went over several scenarios for tonight's match that he could call upon while playing.  He felt that their plans worked well and was very proud of his victory.




No comments:

Post a Comment