Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Decorating for Fall

As much as I enjoy the summer sun, I was ready for the fall temperatures that arrived this weekend with the actual start date of the season.  With the change I decided to start my fall decorating a little earlier than normal.  Fall has always been my favorite time of the year with Halloween at the top of my holiday list.  I began my decorating on Monday morning and finally finished up this afternoon.  I have accumulated quite a bit of decorations over the year and had fun sorting through a lot of memories in those tubs.  I couldn't believe how much I had considering all that I sold at the garage sale a year and a half ago.  Generally, I hate dusting, but it wasn't such a chore as I could put out my witches, skeletons and jack o'lanterns at the same time.  

It wasn't only the cooler weather, pumpkin spice candles or the decorations that I had been looking forward to, but lately I had been interested in watching scary movies.  Thus, I appreciated the boys viewing Halloween with me over the weekend.  I told Doug that he can have a pass until James Bond month was over, then I will be renting some good ones for us.  Freeform even has a month of children's Halloween movies starting October 1st that I might catch.  In the end those will probably be more my speed.  

I was able to enjoy some more of the fall weather tonight at Cameron's game.  Originally, he wasn't looking forward to it as Goshen was rumored to be very good.  The gossip was correct, but the game was so much more fun than Cam expected as both he and Breece got to spend some time in goal in the A game.  It definitely brought me back to his LYC days.  He was proud of his three saves.  He did let in one goal, but in an 8-1 loss, that wasn't too bad.  Cam decided to play in the B game as well tonight.  The coach put him in at sweeper.  He liked the position a lot and it gave him a chance to chat with Breece who was in goal once again.  Just like Cameron, I was sort of dreading the game.  In the end I was incredibly happy to watch him play.  He has really enjoyed soccer season this year which has been awesome to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment