Monday, April 9, 2018

One Long Monday

Just like any Monday after a long vacation, it was challenging to go back to school.  It was made a lot harder by the fact that we had a three hour training session first thing this morning.  I know that the material was valuable for the start of next year.  I wasn't, however, prepared to sit and listen to a presenter or do team building activities on the first day back after break.

As long as the morning felt, without prep time the afternoon felt even longer.  Tomorrow was the scheduled end to the midterm and I had students who needed to complete work today.  It was hard to get everyone focused.  We did our best and by the time I got home I was ready for bed.  I was very thankful that we came home on Saturday and that I had yesterday to put all of our laundry away and pick up the house.  I know that there are only 38 more days left of the school year, but after today it feels like much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment