Sunday, April 8, 2018

LAUNDRY


Last week Meg, Cam and Brett found this wall hanging while we were shopping in Nashville.  They thought it was perfect for me as they know that I spend a lot of time in our laundry room.  It made me smile when I put it up today.  It's not that I enjoy doing laundry.   It is just the one chore that I am particular enough about that I don't like anyone else doing it.  I remember Syl telling me that I would regret putting my laundry room in the closet of my bedroom.  I knew he was wrong.  It has worked out extremely well.  If we had kept the laundry room in the basement I would never see Doug, Brett, Cal, Meg and Cam.  I also like having the bed to fold and sort the clothes on.  I have watched many television series over the past few years this way and when I do not have anything new to watch, I pull out my standbys - Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, etc. 

Today was definitely one of those days that the sign above was most appropriate.  With Spring Break being split into two different vacations - first Bloomington and then Orlando - there was quite a bit of laundry to get done.  I also had to unpack the suitcases.  It took me the majority of the day and by the end I was completely exhausted.  It was satisfying to know, however, we will have clean clothes for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment