Thursday, April 26, 2018

It's Official

Today my position came across our corporation email asking for those interested to apply.  I was surprised to see it so quickly, as I thought the school board had to approve it first.  I was glad that I had already told my students.  I have several that have teachers for parents, and I was worried that they would find out from someone else besides me.  My students were surprised.  We had just made videos for incoming 6th grade parent night that introduced me as the math teacher.  They had a lot of questions and many were sad that I was leaving.  I reminded them that I wouldn't have been their teacher next year anyhow and as I had lots of friends still teaching at school I would visit form time to time.  That seemed to help.

After the email, I felt bad that I hadn't been able to tell everyone that I wanted to about my resignation, especially Mr Voirol.  I have enjoyed having a room next to his.  He always had a story to share, most which ended in laughter.  I regretted that I had told the team that we have to work with.  They just stared at me.  No one asked me questions or said much or anything.  It was awkward and uncomfortable.  I guess that explains our meetings over these past two years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment