Monday, April 23, 2018

Letter of Resignation

Once Doug was offered his new position we decided that it was time for me to resign.  We had talked about it all year.  We were ninety percent sure that I would not be returning for the next school year, but wanted to take time to come to an absolute decision.  I met with Cindy in March to let her know that I definitely would not be available to teach full time next year.  She and I discussed several potential part time positions, but in the end Doug and I thought that the best decision that we could make for my health and for our family was for me to resign completely.

I was relieved once I wrote the letter.  It was a big decision and one that I did not take lightly.  I know in my heart that it was the right decision.  This year had been a challenging one.  With large class sizes to go along with all of the everyday teacher workload, I had been coming home exhausted every day.  This year it had been hard to get much done around the house and on days that we had a Heinisch child commitment after school I was completely wiped out.  I am excited for our family.  With Doug's change in jobs and my ability to stay home, it should be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment