Saturday, April 21, 2018

A Weekend Visit

Carl and Marina were here for the weekend to visit.  We had't seen them since October when they came out to see everyone before they left for Florida.  Doug made lunch for them and my parents.  They talked a lot about their place in Lake Placid and seemed to really enjoy their winter there. After lunch they left to go back to the hotel.  Doug and I ran into school as I needed him to help me with a couple of items.  Meg met Jackie at Bethany.  They went to Culver's before coming back to Syracuse.  Cam spent the afternoon playing golf with my Dad.  He was pleased with his round.

Tonight we went to Oakwood for dinner.  It was a good choice after we found out that Antonio's was booked and Bella Vitale was closed.  The service was slow, but the food was pretty good.  We enjoyed listening to Jackie and Meg talk about life in high school.  After dinner Meg's friend Philip came over as well.  The three of them went ding dong ditching and sang karaoke.  Carl and Marina headed back to Brook Pointe Inn around 8:30.  Doug and I watched Gladiator.  I hadn't seen it all the way through in quite some time.  It was as good as I remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment