Monday, April 30, 2018

JA BizTown

Each year the 6th grade takes a field trip to JA BizTown.  It is the cumulation of a trimester long class.  I have been the lead teacher for it these past two years and I am ready to hand off that duty.  I really like teaching the class and the students thoroughly enjoy interviewing for their jobs, working in the businesses and doing a little shopping at BizTown.  In saying that, however, it is a lot of work.  We have to prove our students have worked twelve hours in the course.  We have to plan a schedule for lessons, set up interviewers, assign positions in businesses and coordinate the buses and lunch for the day of the event.  Our trip to BizTown is a eight hour commitment, one filled with organizational issues and more questions than answers.  Overall, today went well.  Thankfully, this is the last one for me.  Maybe it is because I know that I am leaving or maybe because this class is the largest we have taken in awhile.  Either way I was completely relieved when I walked off the bus at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment