Wednesday, January 17, 2018

PBS Junkies

Earlier this fall Doug and I became PBS members which gave us access to all of their online programming.  When I think about it, I can't believe that we hadn't become done this before then.  PBS was our go to station whenever we wanted something to watch.  Our favorites centered around American Experience and Antiques Roadshow.  I had also completed the entire series of Downton Abbey and have plans to start another one of their historical fiction programs soon.  

Usually, we thoroughly enjoy their programming.  Last week we even stayed up late to watch a special on Teddy Roosevelt's travels through the Amazon.  It was absolutely fascinating.  Tonight's American Experience, however, just didn't live up to the hype.  It was about the scientist who discovered radar.  Although I realized that it was important to the end of World War II, it just wasn't that interesting to me.  To top it off the scientist that was instrumental in the discovery came across as a complete jerk.  He even had his wife institutionalized so that he could marry another woman.  In saying that, even though tonight's episode was lackluster, I will not give up on PBS or their programming.  It has brought hours of entertainment to our family over the years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment