Saturday, January 20, 2018

Puzzle Time

After the boys left for Bloomington I got out my Birds of the Backyard puzzle that I bought this summer in Michigan.  It was the perfect puzzle for me as I enjoy watching the birds in our yard perching on the trees or eating from our feeders.  Meg and Cam have nicknamed me the "crazy bird" lady which I wear with pride.  Doug and I have spent quite a bit of time on it these past few weeks and tonight we were able to finally finish it.  It wasn't as hard as Renoir's "Two Girls at a Piano" or Cam's Darth Vader one, but it definitely had it's moments.

We did not work on it all day.  Cam and Doug were at the chess tournament until 3.  Cam played exceptionally well.  He finished second out of twenty-seven registered in the under 1200 rating group.    He said he destroyed the first four opponents quickly with his new blitz moves.  Unfortunately that did not work for him against the last opponent, but he was still very excited about his success today.  He has increased his rating this chess season by several hundred points and felt confident about next week's state tournament.

After the tournament Doug and I went to Meg's basketball game.  It was varsity only against Hamilton.  They were the weakest team that the girls have played all year.  All of the Bethany players scored and Meg had several rebounds, multiple jump balls and four points.  It was fun to watch.  She stayed for the boys' game.  They won also, but the game was a lot closer.


No comments:

Post a Comment