Saturday, January 6, 2018

And Off They Go . . .

Today was a sad day for me as Brett and Cal headed back to Bloomington this afternoon.  They had had a great three week break and we spent a lot of time together as a family.  I know it was time for them to go, but I still missed them when I turned out the lights at night.  I swear I could hear Brett running up the steps from the basement before I went to bed.  I even had to remind myself to lock the front door as Cal wouldn't be coming in later.  Thankfully, the weather and traffic was fine for their trip back and they made it without any problems.  That was saying a lot with all of the car trouble that we had had this week.

We did keep ourselves busy today with packing and such.  Meg had a friend over for the afternoon.  Brett went to a political rally for Todd Rikita in Warsaw and Hannah-Marie stopped by to see Cal.  My parents also stopped by to see them off and then took Cam back to their house for the evening.  Doug and I left shortly after they did to watch Meg's basketball game in Bremen.  It was a varsity only one, so we didn't have too long to sit tonight.  The girls lost by double digits, but Meg did get to play six minutes or so and scored on a nice shot from the outside.  She stayed with the team afterward for the boys game and Doug and I stopped at Hunter's Hide-Away in Nappanee for dinner on the way home.  Cam had a lot of fun at Grandma and Grandpa's.  They played Phase 10 and watched IU upset Minnesota.  We were all wiped out when we got home and sad that our Christmas break was coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment