Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A Productive Day at Home

Last night Meg's basketball coach, KP, asked me how I was enjoying my time off from teaching.  I answered her honestly that I love it.  I've been able to exercise everyday and help out the Heinisch family as well.  Today was one of those days where it really paid off to have me here.  It started early in the morning when I registered Meg for the October SAT two days before the deadline.  I picked up Cam mid-morning to order his passport.  County Road 29 was closed for paving, but that didn't matter as I did not have to rush back for work.

At lunchtime Cal texted me.  He needed his unofficial transcript converted to a pdf and emailed to him for an application.  After a little bit of research I had one ready for him.  Brett then emailed with a question that I was able to answer immediately.  Meg had given me the information for her accounts from IU and Purdue's admissions department which I set up for her.  Doug then called as he needed information on his passport for his flight tomorrow to Toronto.

The rest of the afternoon was spent finding recipes for the butternut squash and eggplant we bought at  the farmer's market in Bloomington.  I found two that I decided to try and by the time everyone got home there was fettuccini, baked eggplant and butternut squash ready for them.  The recipes turned out perfectly and everyone enjoyed dinner.  As I told Doug of all that I was able to accomplish today, I kept thinking to myself, how would I have done all of this and worked all day.  I was incredibly thankful to be able to help the Heinisch family.

No comments:

Post a Comment