Sunday, August 23, 2020

Last of the Mohicans

Last night Doug and I watched the movie Last of the Mohicans.  I had mentioned to him several times this summer that I really wanted to view it on the "big screen" and we finally had the chance.  It had been one of my favorite movies ever since we saw it at the theater in 1992.  Even though we had watched it many times on television since that time, I just thought that it would be the perfect movie to view with the projector outside, almost like our own private drive-in movie.  

Thankfully, I was correct, and Doug and I both enjoyed it very much.  Daniel Day-Lewis was perfect in the role of Nathaniel once again, but watching the scenes in the forest, along the waterfall and on the battlefield were meant for a big screen.  My favorite part was when they were walking through the forest at night and the closed captioning read "crickets chirping" as we were listening to the cicadas chirping in our own woods.  When Meg first mentioned getting a projector for outdoor movie nights I thought it was a nice idea for her and her friends.  I didn't realize how much enjoyment that the rest of us would get out of it as well.  Next on the agenda will be The Quiet Man.  The Irish backdrop will be perfect for our own personal drive-in.  Who knows, maybe next year I'll buy a real screen for it and a speaker.  For now I'm just happy to enjoy one of our favorite social distancing activities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment