Monday, August 31, 2020

The Quietest Day of the Year

 Today was the quietest day of the year or at least that I had remembered since March 1st.  Cam had in person school and a tennis match afterward so he was gone for most of the day and evening.  Cal worked at Tippy which kept him busy until 4 p.m.  Meg spent her day online with zoom classes and then went ot outdoor social distancing Bible study.  Brett had the day off at Storage Express, so he worked the lunch shift at Bell Trace and then walked to Meg's apartment.  They spent the early evening strolling through campus and shopping on Kirkwood.

With everyone busy today I had a lot of free time on my hands.  I didn't mind as I was just happy that the Heinisch children were returning to a relatively normal schedule.  As these quiet days may continue for awhile, I decided to develop a routine that would keep me busy and my mind occupied.  Today's activities included walking, writing my blog, playing the piano, reading the Hunchback of Notre Dame and trying yoga.  All of that along with a few organizing projects made my day pass quickly until it was time to leave for Cam's tennis match.  I know that there will be more and more quiet days ahead so I was glad to come up with a plan that worked for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment