Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Fall Cleaning

Fall has always been the time that I have deep cleaned the house.  I know that a lot of people use the spring season for that, but it has always made sense to me to thoroughly clean once everyone went back to school.  I had used time in the spring instead to organize and pull items out for a garage sale.  I was thankful that I had already completed that last March well before the stay at home order or social distancing rules that would follow.  It gave me more time to spend with the Heinisch family.  

Even though all of the Heinisch children were not out of the home this August with Cal living in our basement and Cam working on e-learning, I decided to go ahead and clean once Meg went back to IU.  I started the daunting task on Monday August 17th and just finished yesterday.  Doug would tell you that our house was clean and organized before I started and Meg would say that I am the queen of cleaning an already clean house, but there were definitely some areas that needed serious attention.  It took me longer than I had expected since I added cleaning out the Pilot and Odyssey to my fall to-do list.  At 4:30 yesterday I really wanted to quit, but I knew I only had one room left to go so I decided to push ahead ans finish.  I was completely exhausted last night and my arm hurt from all of the dusting, sweeping, window washing and vacumming, but I was so incredibly glad to be done.   Now I just have to keep on top of it all until next fall.  That won't be too hard with less family members living in the Heinisch home this year.  I am really looking forward to a break from cleaning for awhile and enjoying watchign Cam's tennis, reading, playing the piano and learning how to crochet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment