Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day During a Pandemic

Today was not the Mother's Day that we had planned long ago when we thought we would be in Bloomington this weekend.  It wasn't even a typical holiday celebration for us.  The pandemic and our self imposed quarantine kept Brett and Cal in Bloomington for the weekend and our typical day of brunch and shopping were both out of the question.  Even the weather didn't cooperate as the cold temperatures and rain made it impossible to plant flowers or put down mulch.

The change in plans didn't ruin the day, however.  Meg, Doug and Cam made me feel extra special with homemade gifts, including origami flowers from Cam, a handmade painting and keychain from Meg and a Zen frog fountain from Doug.  All of that went well with the breakfast strada that we had for brunch, the text I got from Cal, the phone call from Brett and the flowers that my parents dropped off this morning.  The rain even subsided for a littel while so that Doug and I could take a walk and Meg and Cam could drop off Grandma Jane's Mother's Day gifts.  Even though it wasn't the day we had planned, it was still a nice day and I was thankful for everyone for making me feel appreciated.  I love being the mom of our Heinisch family.  That makes every day a wonderful Mother's Day to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment