Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Finales

After Meg came home for spring semester we started watching one of our favorite shows together, Riverdale.  She had talked me into watching the show after the first season because she had enjoyed it so much.  I liked it from the beginning as it was loosely based on the Archie Comics. I have had fun keeping up on it and last Wednesday night Meg and I finished season four.  At first we thought that it was an odd episode for a season ending until we read that they had to cut production short and sent everyone home due to the Coronavirus outbreak.  After a lot of discussion we decided that it was actually our favorite episode this season except for the funeral of Archie's dad.  

Tonight we watched another season finale together.  This time it was my pick and we started three hours of Survivor after Doug went to bed.  I appreciated that Meg had started watching it with me once she arrived home to finish her spring semester.  In general we liked the same contestants and cheered them on during the challenges.  We were both disappointed when Boston Rob did not make it off of Island of Extinction and rooted against Tony during the fire challenge in hope that he would not make it to the final three.  We thought it was extremely funny that the finale had to be filmed in Jeff Probst's garage while everyone else joined in on Zoom calls.  Unfortunately, our favorite pick did not win the two million dollars and we were left wondering why anyone would choose Tony.  Even with the disappointing final tribal council, I had a lot of fun watching Survivor with Meg.  It has given us something to look forward to on Wednesday nights.  Right now it looks like another season might air in late fall if stay at home orders are lifted this summer.  Hopefully, life will be mostly back to normal by then.  If not, then I guess Meg and I will be able to enjoy it together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment