Thursday, November 29, 2018

A New Place to Walk

This morning I had a haircut appointment with Amanda.  Afterward I decided to check out the North Webster Community Center to see if they had areas for walkers.  The weather yesterday turned me off of being outside and I like walking different routes in new areas.  They did have a walking path and the cost was right - free.  After I filled out my liability form I joined in with about a dozen other walkers doing laps around the old North Webster school.  It was a great alternative for me and in the end I finished eighteen laps which according to their calculations was two miles.

I stayed in North Webster a little while longer stopping to buy items for the food drive at Bethany and to get gas.  Circle K not only had my favorite Polar Pop, but they also offered gas at $2.09 a gallon which added to the positives of the morning.  On the way out of town I bought a poinsettia at Clayton's.  I decided to go with pink this year.  All in all my short trip to North Webster was a positive one.  I may have to try a morning there next week as well.

The afternoon was a quiet one at home catching up on Christmas shopping and organizing the packages that had already been delivered.  I was pleasantly surprised when one of the items I bought from Amazon was replaced free of charge as it arrived damaged.  They didn't even have me return the original.

Tonight my parents and I drove to Cam's game at Bethany.  It was a late one as the C and B teams both played before his did.  It was worth the wait as Cam and his team played well and easily won the game.  Cam was in for the majority of it and even took a few shots.  The highlight of the night for him was blocking one of Trinity's shots down low.  Joey went nuts from the bench and once Cam was subbed out we all enjoyed watching their newfound cheerleading skills from the pine.  Doug did not join us as he went to Meg's game at Prairie Heights.  It was an rough one for the girls and a late night for them as Meg didn't walk in the door until ten.  Thankfully, tomorrow will be the end of the week and she will be able to sleep in this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment