Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A Clean House

I spent the majority of today working in the house.  Since I quit my job, I do have to say that our home has been a lot cleaner.  By keeping up on the day to day chores we no longer have the daunting task of spending weekends completing household tasks.  By the time I left this afternoon to pick up Cam and Meg from basketball practice I had washed all of the bedding, made all of the beds, picked up the entire house, cleaned all five bathrooms and thoroughly scrubbed down the kitchen.  I even had time to wash and fold all of the dirty laundry in the house and set up a Roku in our bedroom.  My Mom helped me finish my to-do list by coming up with an extension cord and an ice scraper for us to use.  The only unresolved item of the day had to do with DirectTV.  Although they could help me reset our receiver, our online ability to watch our favorite channels was still non-existence even with two hours of troubleshooting.  

By getting everything done during the day I had plenty of time to watch the Big Ten/ACC challenge with Cam while Doug was at a church meeting and Meg had a friend over.  There were a lot of close games today and in the end the two conferences were tied at 4-4.  Unfortunately, the marquee game between IU and Duke did not live up to the hype with Duke destroying IU in the first half.  The Blue Devils ended up winning by 21 which was actually better than we first thought the score would be.  Either way, Cam had a lot of fun watching all of the games and couldn't wait for the six scheduled for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment