Wednesday, November 28, 2018

A Day Out of the House

I had an appointment this afternoon in Goshen with an orthopedic doctor.  Due to the frigid weather forecast I decided to head over early so that I could walk indoors at the Concord Mall.  I was better prepared for the walk this time bringing tennis shoes and a sweatshirt.  I was glad to get in 5000 steps before I had to leave.  I was also able to do some shopping finding a great deal on Christmas decorations for my front porch at Hobby Lobby.

My doctor's appointment went well.  He confirmed the degenerative disc disease diagnosis in my back and scheduled physical therapy appointments for that.  He also diagnosed my arm pain as Cubital Tunnel Syndrome which he explained as carpal tunnel of the elbow.  Before today I did not realize where the pain in my arm was coming from until the doctor pushed on the nerve by my funny bone.  I almost jumped off of the table.  He did have a plan to help that as well.  I will have to sleep with an immobilizer on my elbow to keep my arm and nerve straight.  That should cut down on the pain, tingling and numbness that I have been feeling.

In between walking and going to the doctor I also had time to do run some errands.  Besides my stop at Hobby Lobby, I was able to wash and vacuum out the Pilot, pick up guinea pig food at PetCo and get groceries at Walmart.  After all of the running around I picked Cameron up at school for piano lessons.  Meg met us at Mrs. Meek's and they both worked on Christmas songs.  Doug beat us home and helped me unload the Pilot.  We then headed uptown for dinner.  It was nice to catch up with him as there has been a lot going on these past few weeks.  Once we got home I realized that I had been out of the house today for almost ten hours.  That was definitely outside of my daily routine, but enjoyable just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment