Monday, November 26, 2018

Cyber Monday

I have never been able to take advantage of Cyber Monday, but decided to try it today.  At first it didn't seem like that big of a deal, but as I checked more websites and compared items from our Christmas list, I was floored by all of the money that I was able to save by shopping today.  It started with my Christmas cards from Shutterfly.  I had created them yesterday and thought about ordering them then.  I was glad that I waited as today I received an email code for an extra 25% off which save me an additional $62 on my total order.  I also found great deals at Kohl's, Target, Amazon and Barnes & Noble.  I even ended the day with getting an ok from Doug to order a futon for the basement.  The Heinisch children had asked for one and I had spent several hours researching sites and reviews before I found one that I thought that everyone would be happy to have.  It was even red in color and would match the basement perfectly.  The best part was that it was quite a bit cheaper than it was listed at yesterday.  I was pleased with my first Cyber Monday and already had ideas on how to save even more next year.

While I was shopping online I also spent time working around the house.  We had a snowstorm today, so I wasn't able to take a walk outside.  Instead I would shop for awhile and then get up and walk around the house completing projects.  I was impressed that I was able to get in 10,000 steps that way, plus I was also able to set out the North Pole Christmas houses while getting up and moving.

Cam's game was cancelled today as West Noble didn't have school.  Since both gyms were scheduled with high school practices he had a free afternoon.  He and I decided to use the extra time to visit Grandma Jane on her real birthday.  She appreciated that and was up for playing some Euchre.  It was a great way to spend an afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment