Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Ticket Taker

Tonight was my night to take tickets for the girls' basketball game at Bethany.  Doug was originally signed up, but he had been given four seats to the Notre Dame vs. Louisville game this evening.  As we knew that we both couldn't go, he asked Cam if he wanted to take a couple of friends and go with him.  Cam invited JJ and Conner.  They were both excited to attend the event as neither had been to a Notre Dame game before.

I got to Bethany at 5:20 ready for my duty this evening.  The job wasn't too difficult, and those buying tickets were friendly.  Those type of situations have always been challenging for me as I am not extremely outgoing.  I did my best, however, and kept control of the cash box through all of the junior varsity game and half of the varsity one.  The girls played Concord and did well in both games.  Meg played three quarters of the JV game and did a fantastic job.  They ran an unique substitution pattern in the fourth quarter that brought Meg off the bench every offensive possession.  It wasn't quite enough to win, but they did close the gap.

Varsity lost as well in a long, close game.  It was well after 9:30 by the time Meg and I got home.  We stopped and picked up a pizza as neither of us had eaten much.  The Notre Dame game went into two overtimes.  Doug usually tries to leave early to beat the traffic, but it was too exciting for that tonight.  They were able to make it home close just before eleven, happy that they went.  Cam headed straight to bed and Doug was thankful for the left over pizza.  I was too tired to stay up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment