Friday, January 12, 2018

Elearning Day Part 2

Every school in our area was closed today due to ice and snow.  Wawasee called it well before 6 a.m. Bethany started with a delay, but ended up cancelling by 7 as well.  Cam and Meg did not have a virtual learning day.  They were told yesterday that they wouldn't have one and would make it up on a future snow make up day.  Thus, Cam and Meg had a day to relax.  The noise of the ice hitting Meg's window woke her up early.  She tried sleeping in my room for awhile, but ended up back in her bed around 8:30 a.m.  Cam woke up at 8.  One of his friends texted him about the snow day.  Yesterday Cam had said that there was no way there would be a snow day today.  His friend wanted him to know that he was wrong.

I was up at my normal time.  As I didn't have to have my plans on the elearning website until 9 a.m. I had plenty of time to use the elliptical.  I made it a mile today which I was happy about.  I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon answering emails for elearning.  While I was doing that I also had time to do all of the laundry in the house and even played a game or two with Cam and Meg.  Meg was extremely happy for the day off.  We got home really late last night and she didn't have time to finish studying for her history exam.  Today she got that done, plus reading for English and an assignment for Physics.  She even had time to do so free reading.  Earlier in the week she had finished "To Kill a Mockingbird."  Today she read more of her new book "Antisocial."

Doug went into work this morning after basketball.  He said that it was slow going.  The roads weren't much better at lunch.  His drive home was easier until he got to Kosciusko county.  The roads were once again slick.  He had picked up Little Caesar's for Cam and Meg for dinner.  I usually go out to get lunch on snow days, but today was too icy for me.  Meg said she was ok with it as she had her Taki's and pizza.  Doug and I went to Huntington's for dinner.  It was packed.  Thankfully, the owner realized we needed a table and made sure we were seated.  We all played games when we got back.  It was a fun way to spend the rest of the evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment