Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Leaf Raking Season

As soon as we unloaded the car and ate lunch on Sunday, Doug was outside raking leaves in the backyard.  I had to unpack and get the laundry started for the week ahead, but once I finished, I spent some time in the yard as well.  It was cold and the leaves were heavy from the morning snow, but we were still able to finish in the back before sundown.  

This afternoon Doug made plans to come home early to work on the front yard.  I was glad that Amanda was able to change my hair appointment from 5:30 to 3 p.m., so that I could help him.  The weather was a lot warmer today, which I really appreciated.  The leaves had also dried out considerably making the task a little easier.  We were able to finish the front yard and driveway before dinner.  It definitely looked a lot better.  I know that we'll still have some yard work to do this weekend, but overall it was nice to make a big dent in the project these past few days.  As much as I love our yard, I will not miss leaf raking season when we leave this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment