Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Back in Indiana

After our visit to the University of Florida yesterday, Cameron and I did a little more exploring in Florida.  On the way back to Ocala we first drove by the Tom Petty home and then I talked him into stopping at the Florida Citrus Center.  We had seen several signs for the shop on I-75 and I thought it'd be fun to check it out.  Cameron was hesitant, especially when he saw that it was really just a BP gas station.  In the end, however, we had a lot of fun looking through all of the souvenirs including coconut head banks, alligator tooth necklaces and Florida t-shirts.  Although we didn't buy anything, we enjoyed listening to another customer talk about the $200 she was going to spend on wind chimes and other Florida nicknacks to decorate her home in Wisconsin.  We told Doug all about our adventures at U of F, in Gainesville and at the Welcome Center on our way to Tampa last night.  I had found a Mellow Mushroom Restaurant north of the city where we enjoyed pizza for dinner.  

Our hotel was right next to the airport which made for an easy trip in the morning.  No one enjoyed getting up at 4:00 a.m. but taking the first flight of the morning got us back to Chicago before 9 a.m. Indiana time.  Cameron was able to make it to school in time for AP English and to the band rehearsal at the Mennonite Church at Goshen College for Thursday night's concert.  

While Cameron was at school I spent the day unpacking and doing laundry.  I also had to repack for my trip to Bloomington tomorrow.  I was extremely tired, but made it up until Cameron got home from girls' basketball game at Jimtown.  I appreciated Grandma Jane meeting us at Bethany earlier in the day to drop off the van as I would have had a hard time driving back at night to get him.  I asked Cameron if he was as tired as I was.  He answered with a quick "No."  He was energized by a good day at school and the fact that he had won a two liter of A & W Creme Soda at the basketball game when he hit a three point shot at a halftime contest.  He was proud of that and glad to be back in his own home tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment