Monday, November 15, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me

I had an enjoyable day celebrating my 53rd birthday.  I received birthday greetings from all of my children.  I read multiple posts on Facebook wishing me well and enjoyed the pictures that my mom posted in honor of the day.  I had several text messages from my good friends and I listened to my new vinyls all morning.   Doug invited me to lunch at 5-2-3.  The food was delicious and the company was perfect for my birthday lunch.  I got to see Doug's new office, complete with a tour of the famous "storage closet," and he even surprised me with flowers when he arrived back home.

The celebration continued in the evening as my parents brought up an Angle Food cake for dessert, a twelve pack of Fresca as a birthday gift and even stayed for a game of Oh Hell.  I really appreciated that Cameron was home to join us as well.  He had been busy with his friends and after school activities this past month, so we hadn't gotten a chance to play cards in quite some time.  All in all it was a low key birthday for me and a wonderful way to celebrate my 53rd year of "traveling around the sun."



No comments:

Post a Comment